SVA Theatre is located at 333 West 23rd Street, between 8th and 9th Avenues, in the heart of Chelsea.
• C/E to 23rd Street (at 8th Avenue)
• 1 to 23rd Street (at 7th Avenue)
• F to 23rd Street (at 6th Avenue)
• N/R to 23rd Street (at 5th Avenue/Broadway)
• 6 to 23rd Street (at Park Avenue)
• New Jersey PATH (at 6th Avenue)
• Downtown M11 (on 9th Avenue)
• Uptown M20 bus (on 8th Avenue)
• Crosstown M23 bus (stops at 8th and 9th Avenues)
23rd Street is a two-way thoroughfare with metered parking and a parking lot on 23rd Street between 9th and 10th Avenues. Other nearby lots can be found on ParkWhiz. Taxis are abundant and available day and night outside the theatre.
Local Businesses & Attractions
SVA Theatre is located in the heart of the bustling Chelsea neighborhood, home to fabulous restaurants, hip hotels, and some of New York’s top art galleries and attractions. Though the School of Visual Arts and SVA Theatre cannot endorse or recommend any specifically, a list can be found here.
E-bikes, e-scooters, hoverboards, and other recreational mobility devices are prohibited in SVA’s campus buildings, including SVA Theatre. This does not apply to electric wheelchairs and other approved assistive devices required for accessibility.
SVA Theatre is committed to accessibility for all patrons. The venue is ADA compliant and provides listening devices for the hearing impaired. Patrons should visit the “Attending an Event” section of our FAQs page for more specific information.